50th Reunion Giving
Your 50th Reunion is a time to remember and to celebrate your Haverford experience, to reconnect with old friends and to become acquainted with the College today. In honor of this milestone, we encourage you to consider how your reunion gift will help to perpetuate Haverford for future generations of students.
What Makes up the 50th Reunion Gift?
There are three categories of gifts that count toward 50th Reunion giving—current gifts, life income gifts and deferred gifts. We encourage you to make a current gift and a life income or a deferred gift in honor of your 50th Reunion.
There are two kinds of current gifts and all are credited to the 50th: Contributions to Annual Giving and other outright gifts.
- Gifts to Annual Giving are the top priority for the College and can be made any time during the year of your 50th Reunion. Multi-year commitments to Annual Giving are welcome!
- Consider a special gift to an institutional priority that speaks to you—such as financial aid.
Life Income Gifts*
These gifts provide you and/or a loved one income for life while also securing Haverford’s future.
- Charitable Gift Annuities (minimum gift $25,000)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (minimum gift of $100,000 if Haverford serves as trustee)
Deferred Gifts that will be paid to the College at a future date include:
- Will and trust provisions
- Beneficiary designations for retirement accounts, annuities and fully paid life insurance policies
*Life Income Gifts and Deferred Gifts are recognized with membership in the Jacob P. Jones Society, Haverford’s legacy society.
Making a Difference by Making Your Gift to Haverford
Your enthusiastic support of Haverford now, on the occasion of your 50th Reunion, will make a difference for today’s and future generations of students. Philanthropic opportunities abound for your involvement through Annual Giving, a special outright gift, life income gift and/or a deferred gift and that allow you to direct support for an institutional priority that aligns with your values, interests and goals, such as scholarships, student research, etc. Please contact the Gift Planning Office to learn more and to begin planning your 50th Reunion gift.
Contact Olga Briker, Ph.D. for more information—610-795-6079; firstname.lastname@example.org.