50th Reunion Giving
Your 50th Reunion is a time to remember and to celebrate your Haverford experience, to reconnect with old friends and to become acquainted with the College today. In honor of this milestone, we encourage you to consider how your reunion gift will help to perpetuate Haverford for future generations of students.
What Makes up the 50th Reunion Gift?
There are three categories of gifts that count toward 50th Reunion giving—current gifts, life income gifts and deferred gifts. We encourage you to consider making both a current and a life income or a deferred gift) in honor of your 50th Reunion.
There are two kinds of current gifts and all are credited to the 50th: Annual Fund gifts and Other Outright Gifts.
- Gifts to the Annual Fund are the top priority for the College and can be made any time during the year of your 50th Reunion.
- Other Outright Gifts are gifts made since the 45th Reunion to other purposes at the College, such as scholarship funds, faculty support, and the Arboretum.
Life Income Gifts
Life income gifts made since the 45th Reunion and before the 50th Reunion will be counted in the 50th Reunion Class Gift. However, the life income stream may be deferred until a later date if you choose.
- Charitable Gift Annuities (minimum gift $25,000)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (minimum gift of $100,000 if Haverford serves as trustee)
Deferred Gifts that will be paid to the College at a future date must be established and documented by June 30th of your 50th Reunion year. Future gifts include:
- Will provisions
- Beneficiary designations for retirement accounts, annuities and life insurance policies
Making a Difference by Making Your Gift to Haverford
Please consider participation in the 50th Reunion Class Gift. Special outright gifts, life income gifts and deferred gifts can be designated by the donor for a specific purpose, such as scholarship aid, faculty development, etc. Your support of Haverford now will make a difference for the next generation of Haverford students. Please contact the Gift Planning Office to learn more and to begin planning your 50th Reunion gift. We look forward to seeing you and celebrating with you on campus!
Contact Olga Briker, Ph.D. for more information—610-795-6079; email@example.com.